HGS 100 EBArticle number: 10 009
- High power gas discharge tubes are intended for equipotential bonding between inactive parts, which are not conductively interconnected due to the operating conditions.
- In case of origin of potential difference between those parts, the high power gas discharge tube ignites and conductively interconnects both insulated parts for a transient time.
- High protection degree of the housing allows using indoors, outdoors and also in the underground.
- They can be used, for example, between utility pipelines and external lightning protection systems, between pipelines and other inactive metal parts, or between insulated flanges used on pipelines.
- The RW variant is primarily designed for railway systems where it provides effective protection for persons who may come into contact with inanimate parts of metallic structures in the event of lightning strikes or catenary failures.
- High power gas discharge tubes are able to discharge the highest lightning impulse currents, which ranks them in the class H – for heavy loads.
|Certified for explosive areas||No|
|Class according to EN 62561-3, IEC 62561-3||H (for heavy loads)|
|DC ignition voltage||400 ÷ 750 V|
|Nominal discharge current (8/20)||In||100 kA|
|Rated AC withstand voltage of mains frequency||UW AC||285 V|
|Rated DC withstand voltage||UW DC||350 V|
|Rated impulse sparkover voltage||Ur imp||< 1 400 V|
|Impulse discharge current (10/350)||Iimp||100 kA|
|Specific energy||W/R||2 500 kJ/Ω|
|Insulation resistance at 100 V DC||Ri||> 1 GΩ|
|Capacitance at 1 MHz||C||< 25 pF|
|Degree of protection||IP66|
|Operating temperature||ϑ||- 40 ÷ 70 °C|
|Installation||For overhead line ø 10 mm|
|Lifetime||> 100 000 h|
|Protection against lightning||IEC 62305:2010|
|Designed according to standards|
|Lightning protection system components (LPSC) – Requirements for isolating spark gaps (ISG)||IEC 62561-3:2017|
|Weight (including packaging)||m||364 g|
|Package dimensions (H x W x D)||71 x 177 x 106 mm|
|Packing volume||V||1.33 dm3|
|Customs tariff no.||85363010|
|Catalog number||10 009|
|Declaration of conformity|
|2022_01 HGS 100, HGS 100 CC, HGS 100 EB, HGS 100 ST.PDF|
|Manuals and assembly sheets|
|Internal wiring diagrams|